Week 6 Prompt: Horror Promotion


Good morning, Ms. Boss!
     I have an idea for how to promote our horror genre books, since they don’t get as much circulation as our romance and gentle reads.  I’d like to set up a display across from the circulation desk, where it’d get lots of traffic, with a mix of popular and obscure horror books.  I want to include as many as possible with movie adaptations, and with those, I’d display them side-by-side with their film counterparts.  An option for the ones without DVD versions would be to pick a movie that would be a “read-alike” – similar tone, characterization, plotline, etc. – and set those near each other in the display.
     With your permission, I’d like to keep this display up for one month, and each Wednesday during that month show a horror film from our collection in the auditorium, free to the community.  On those evenings, I could set up a few books – large print, audio CD, and Playaway, if possible – that people who enjoyed the movie might also like.
     What do you think?  Do you have any questions or concerns?  With your permission, I would plan this display for October, for an easy tie-in with our Halloween programming.
     Best wishes,
     Anna Richey

Comments

  1. Great idea! I love the idea of including other formats and media. Full points!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment